This course is designed to provide knowledge and skill in PLC applications as it relates to various industries and technologies. Each student will be given the necessary hands-on experience to develop and run his or her own PLC programs.
Students should be computer literate, and have a working knowledge of relays and solenoids.
Upon completion of this 30 hour course, you should be able to:
- Describe the operation of various ladder diagrams
- Explain the function of logical devices such as:3. Explain the principles of Boolean Algebra
- Convert hardwire schematics to programmable logic
- Design, write and run simple PLC programs using timers and counters
- Design, write and run your own PLC programs to meet various industrial and commercial applications