This course is designed to provide advanced knowledge and skill in PLC applications as it relates to various industries and technologies. Each student will be given the necessary hands-on experience to develop and run his or her own PLC programs using Allen Bradley PLC 500.
Students should complete PLC Advanced Training-1, and have a working knowledge of Process control and Instrumentation.
Upon completion of this 30-hour course, you should be able to:
- Design PLC programs to control linear analog applications using 4 to 20mA, 0 to 10VDC, 1 to 5VDC etc.
- Design PLC programs to control Proportional Integral Derivative (PID) system
- Design PLC analog programs to manipulate open and closed product tanks
- Design and manipulate temperature controllers using PLC analog or PID control
- Replace process control instruments (PID) with PLC (PID) control
- Design, write and run your own advanced analog PLC programs to meet various Industrial and commercial applications
- The duration of the course will be 30 hours
- Six hours per day: three hours lecture and three hours lab
- Handout material with lab manual will be provided to each student
- Pressure (3 – 15PSI) to current (4 to 20Ma) or current to pressure
- Pressure to voltage or voltage to pressure
- Subroutine instructions
- Data files instructions with memory mapping
- Math instructions for analog and PID control
- Advanced PLC Programming concepts and applications
- PLC concept test 15%
- Programming test 35%
- Practical project 50%